How to make a Blessing Bag

Why?
Mathew 6:3-4 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
These little bags are not hard at all to put together and don't need to even have the same items that I have listed. The idea is to make some of these and keep them in your car or purse so when you see someone in need you can give it to them. There are so many homeless people and just one small act of kindness might be just what they need to not give up trying.  This weighs very heavy on my heart because as a child I was homeless because my mother was drug addict. It was people that gave and donated to people like her that helped me get few and clothes. I slept in shelters or friend to friends houses when I was lucky other times it was the back seat of a car or worse all while I was under 12 and going to school. Some people made bad choices others just had bad things happen to them, regardless of how they became homeless God calls us to help. We need to be the light and shine through the darkness, help in any way we can. If you are tight on money and can't do the blessing bags try donating your time ( a great family activity) to various organizations.

Supply idea list (you don't need all of these things)

·Gallon size ziplocks ( put everything in these)
·Trial size toiletries
·Tampons/ pads
·Granola bars
·Bottles water
·Chips
·Sports drinks
·Gloves
·Socks
·Hats
·Cereal
·Scarves
·Pet food is always a plus to because many homeless people have pets

If you can get blankets for the cold months or ponchos, those come in handy as well. I was like to include a hand written card with a verse or a nice message saying I hope they have a blessed day and leave the address of our church or a local shelter where they can get services. My friends Jeanie and Sandy got together yesterday and crocheted items as well as found stuff at the dollar store to make several of these Blessing bags! 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My diagnosis so far in more details

Fundraiser