Jesus Loves Me Art Project

Hello Everyone!
Today I will show you how to make a fun Art Project to go with your favorite song, Bible verse, or more! My first example is for the song Jesus Loves Me (click here to see a video to sing along with me)


Supplies:
Paints, Markers, or Crayons
I used acrylic paints, and sharpie markers
Paper, or a Canvas if painting you will want a thicker paper like for mixed media or paint. 
Scissors
Tape - I used 2 way tape but regular tape works as well
Template printed or drawn out of a separate piece of paper
Optional Heat Gun or blow dryer to make the paint dry quicker 

These instructions will be for the song Jesus Loves me but feel free to swap anything out!

Step 1
Print out or draw your template and cut it out

To start just cut out around the largest heart.
Step 2
Tape to your paper or canvas, I left room at the top to Write Jesus Loves Me at the end.
Step 3
Paint the background any color. Painting away from the template works easier, but have fun nothing has to be perfect. If you are having trouble with the paint bleeding use more tape.
Step 4   
use a heat gun or blow dryer to help it dry faster or wait for it to air dry. Carefully pull back the pare and cut the next layer out and retape.




Step 5 and 6
Pick your next color and paint the next layer. Don't worry if there is some overlap. If it does bother you, go dark to light with the colors and you wont be able to see the over lap or use a sharpie to outline each layer! When paint is dry remove template and cut to the final layer and retape on the project.

Finish Painting the layers Make sure each layer dries first! 

Final steps
On the inside of your heart Write the Word "Me" or your name in CAPITAL LETTERS.

If your paints are DARK try using a silver Sharpie or marker, if they are LIGHT try using a Black one.
The next layer out should be all your family members and pets.
The outside layer should be anyone you care about in your community
At the Top write Jesus Loves
I would love to see yours and will put up a gallery post if you send my your photos here
Below is an example I did about being the light to the world ( Matthew 5:16)! Thank you for crafting with me!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a Blessing Bag

My diagnosis so far in more details

Fundraiser