Beauty Begins



Here I am going to the pharmacy today to pick up my glucose meter. Before I had to use the wheelchair because I would get too dizzy. I did get a little dizzy but was able to rest and bit and keep going. An added bonus was my doctor put In a script to cover a whole new glucose meter, strips, and Lancets so I don't have to pay out of pocket anymore. I have to test at least 2 times per day to make sure my sugar is not going too low. 




Somehow in the past week I went from tears over the way I looked to embracing it! Lots of support and prayer got me there!
Jewelry can be found at Here


 

Through the grace of God, and my friends and family I was able shift my thinking of what was normal and what beauty looks like. I have had low self esteem on and off my entire life and with this summer being so hard it was almost too much to handle. I surrounded my self with positive affirmations. I even became an Origami Owl designer because the positive jewelry really helped me to feel better about myself. 
I am worth it!
I am strong!
Be the Light!
My story Matters.
Are some of the positive sayings! 
I really identify with my story matters because I don't want anyone to feel alone and if sharing my story helps someone else I feel like there is more meaning to all the trial I have been facing. So enter in the selfies showing where I am now, and where I was before. 6 weeks ago I looked like this


I lost 25 pounds in about five weeks and couldn't keep down bowel prep So I needed A tube for the prep which was so painful and draining, even with the tube I threw up. At this point they were still not sure what was wrong with me ands I started to feel hopeless. I dint give up and kept going back and forth between the hospitals. This summer I passed out and rode to the hospital in an ambulance more times than I can count.

I wanted to give up but I didn’t. Now I can look back and see how far I have come. ( cue the moana song) 
Back to the photo I posted because I thought maybe someone else out there in social media land there was someone like me not feeling their best. I never thought I would get so much love, I have thought people would think I was weird for posting a selfie with a NJ Tube. I now have even more confidence and faith to post and know I am suppose to share my story in anyway I can. I feel like the more we share the less we will feel alone, what is your biggest insecurity, comment below. My biggest fear right now is needing a permanent tube, I know if it comes to that I will be able to handle it like I am my current tube but it will be a hard one to take.

Once again a huge thank to you to my friends and family for all the support and love which has really helped me to embrace and find my new normal.

Chronically yours,

Mary Kathryn








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a Blessing Bag

My diagnosis so far in more details

Fundraiser