DIY Feeding Tube Cart

 So as you know I recently had an NJ tube placed and there are supplies and what not that I need to use everyday. Not to mention all the formula the pharmacy delivered at once! I got this cute little cart at target along with these baskets in the organization area. I love that the cart has wheels because i can just roll it where I need it. I also can use it for something  else down the line if I find my self not needing the tube any more.

I bought 2 more baskets but I could fit more of my formula on the bottom this way. I requested Kate Farms because I have so many allergies and all formulas but 2 had something I am allergic to. The hospital I was at didn't have Kate Farms and trialed me on another formula that was vegan and organic, however the copay was going to be $325 per week and the pharmacy was having trouble getting it. The nutritionist came back and said what was that formula you mentioned on the first day? I knew about Kate Farms because my son used the formula to get off TPN and bridge to eating again. My oldest likes them from breakfast and I loved the coffee flavor before I got sick. I used to keep a few in my Togo bag so if my son was hospitalized I had something healthy and easy to have. Kate Farms peptide 1.5 is working great for me and I'm already feeling more energy. My doctors out me on tpn first but my body was having malabsorption issues and my liver and pancreas were not doing well on it. 


The top of the cart have my quick grab items, formula and face masks in the biggest compartment, alcohol wipes for my blood sugar checks along with several types of tape in the next and my jumbo syringe for hydration and meds.


On the top shelf I have almost a months worth of feed bags which I change out every 24 hours.


More formula, a month’s worth takes up a lot of space. I wanted it to be stored all together so I can fifo( first in, first out) them as i get more deliveries and always know where they are. I am supposed to get up to a little more than 4 a day but am currently getting about 3. It’s a process and my body is still adjusting to the feeds so I take breaks throughout the day where I am disconnected and can rest and give hydration. I think its important and worth it to take steps to make anything like this more normal and cute it up if that is your personality. I am normalizing as much of this process as I can. Do you have any questions? I am an open book comment below!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a Blessing Bag

My diagnosis so far in more details

Fundraiser